[Kde-bindings] Re: Custom properties on QObjects defined in qtruby

Sven Moritz Hallberg hallberg at pre-sense.de
Thu Apr 14 20:09:56 UTC 2011

On 04/14/2011 09:58 PM, Arno Rehn wrote:
> I'd add both possibilities. But maybe name the getter and setter methods
> 'stuff' and 'stuff=' respectively, to comply with Ruby coding conventions.

indeed, i was going to do that.

i've still got a bug here where setting the QVariant property from ruby
doesn't work. it looks like it's some unpacking issue with the Qt::Variants.
i.e. as if something looks at the types in

    dings.setProperty("stuff", Qt::Variant.new("test"))

and doesn't call qt_metacall because it's expecting to see something of the form

    Qt::Variant.new(Qt::Variant.new("test"))

but i can't pass that because the constructor avoids nesting.
i'll send code to demonstrate tomorrow...

> Great work btw, you rock! :)

thanks for the help!

Sven Moritz Hallberg                      hallberg at pre-sense.de
                                  Tel. +49 - 40 - 244 2407 - 28
                                  Fax  +49 - 40 - 244 2407 - 24
PRESENSE Technologies GmbH            Sachsenstr. 5, D-20097 HH
                                         USt-IdNr.: DE263765024
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors       AG Hamburg, HRB 107844
Till Dörges           Jürgen Sander              Axel Theilmann