[Kde-bindings] ANN: automated daily snapshot builds for PyQt and friend on openSUSE build service

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Oct 14 10:48:45 UTC 2010

[Sorry for cross posting]

Hi PyQtnistas,

I proudly announce the availability of automated builds of the most
current PyQt and related packages including snapshots on openSUSEs
build service for openSUSE 11.1, 11.2 and 11.3, here:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=home%3Afrispete%3APyQt
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=home%3Afrispete%3APyQt-next

New sip4, PyQt3 and PyQt4 snapshots and release get build against a
range of gcc and Qt versions automatically, e.g. without human
intervention (if all goes well, famous last words..). dip and
PyQtMobility will probably follow soon.

If you add both

	home:frispete:PyQt
	home:frispete:PyQt-next

to your list of repos, than you get the current snapshot builds of
qscintilla, sip4, PyQt3 and PyQt4, with dependent packages, like
PyQwt5, PyKDE3 and PyKDE4. Omitting or deactivating the latter, you can
switch back to the current released versions with:

	zypper dup -r home_frispete_PyQt

BTW, home:frispete:PyQt contains the builds of the current versions of a
lot of our favorite stuff: e.g. eric4, PyQwt5. eric is lacking the
newest release, but I didn't manage to automate the sourceforge
download process, yet.

How to choose your target?

Depending on which other repos you're using, choose your target
accordingly, e.g. if you have the KDE:Distro:Stable (KDE 4.4) repo
included, use KDE_Distro_Stable_openSUSE_11.x,
KDE_Distro_Factory_openSUSE_11.x for KDE:Distro:Factory (KDE 4.5), or
none of them, then use plain openSUSE_11.x. Note, that you implicitely
choose your systems Qt4 version with this decision. I hope, this
fullfills the most common needs.

PyKDE4 is only provided for KDE_Distro_Stable_x ATM, since I didn't got
around splitting this package into a 4.4 and 4.5 version.

All in all, these repos provide the the cheapest way of keeping current
with the PyQt project, that I know of.

Comments welcome.

Enjoy,
Pete