[Kde-bindings] Re: a new home for JSmoke

Richard Dale richard.dale at telefonica.net
Fri Oct 1 21:38:33 UTC 2010

On Friday, October 01, 2010 10:07:53 pm Ian Monroe wrote:
> Everyone's favorite JavaScript smoke bindings has a new home.
>
> To get it
>   git clone git://git.kde.org/playground/jsmoke/jsmoke.git
>   cd jsmoke
>   git remote set-url --push origin
> git at git.kde.org:playground/jsmoke/jsmoke.git
>
> The above will use the fast git:// protocol for fetches and only use
> slow SSH for pushes.
>
> Unlike with gitorious, its quite easy to make a new branch. git push
> origin master:newbranchname will make one. For a small project like
> jsmoke this makes more sense then creating new repos (as was common
> with gitorious).
>
> I'm probably going to just delete the gitorious project.
>
> Thanks goes to Jeff of the sysadmin team for setting it up. It's
> possible that the URL might change before it's all over, they aren't
> 100% positive how they want to do playground repos.
Well lets get going and try it out, rather than having endless discussions. I
would like it to be ready for release for KDE 4.6 and I can't wait to do my
first commit. Assuming we can get one kdebinding module up and running and
targeted at KDE 4.6, the next module I would like to see converted is QtRuby
so that we can start on QtRuby 3.0 based on the R&D for smoke based bindings
in the JSmoke project.