[Kde-bindings] Re: PyKDE 4.5.2

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Fri Nov 26 16:28:03 UTC 2010

On Friday 26 November 2010 17:17:39 Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> current PyKDE from kdebindings-4.5.2 doesn't build anymore.
>
> First, I needed to relocate the akonadi Entity dtor to the protected
> section (see attached patch), but then it fails due to some smokegen
> error resulting in:
> [...]
> What's the rationale of replacing sip here? Is it really possible to
> mix python bindings of different generators with no apparent downsides?
> How are Qt properties, signals/slots, QStrings, QVariants and the like
> handled, when they cross the generators borders? (IOW: interoperability)
> Is there any smokegen libraries reference guide available (similar to
> pyqt4ref.html)?
Smoke doesn't have anything to do with PyKDE or Python bindings. It's only
needed for Ruby, C#, Perl and some other languages.
I guess you're building against trunk? (If you're not, then the API of Nepomuk
has changed in a minor release... that should not happen, normally).
Building an old version of the bindings against a new version of the API
should generally not considered to be supported. 'Old' bindings binaries
however should continue to work. Just _building_ against new versions is not
supported.

Grab kdebindings from trunk, they already have the SmokeNepomuk fix.
Unfortunately I can't help you with the SIP error since I don't do Python at
all.

arno at arnorehn.de