[Kde-bindings] Python bindings update

Stéphane Laurière slauriere at mandriva.com
Thu Mar 4 15:58:03 UTC 2010

Hi Simon, hi everyone,

At Mandriva, we are currently assessing the use of Python for writing
some user interfaces to Nepomuk for which the latest bindings for the
Nepomuk Query API would be very helpful. I started looking into twine
for updating the corresponding sip files but I'm running into the error
below when running twine on a prj file linking to kdelibs-4.4.1 sources,
using PyQt v4.7:

syntax error in file /usr/share/sip/PyQt4/QtCore/QtCoremod.sip -- token
type ID token value API lex state

Hence some questions: beside updating the file "pykde43.prj" in the
twine project for taking into account the KDE SC version change, is
there anything that should be done for generating properly the sip
files? More generally, do you have any idea when a new release of the
bindings will be out officially, and is there a way we can help?

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

Stéphane

--