[Kde-bindings] Qt::Process#write causes an error due to unhandled long long return type with korundum from KDE 4.5-rc3

Stefano Crocco stefano.crocco at alice.it
Wed Jul 28 13:49:18 UTC 2010

If I try to write to a Qt::Process from my ruby program using korundum4 from
KDE-4.5-rc3, I get an exception saying it can't handle "long long" as a
return type.

A simple program which produces this issue is the
following:

require 'Qt4'
a = Qt::Application.new []
prc = Qt::Process.new
prc.start 'ruby'
prc.wait_for_started
begin prc.write '1+1'
ensure
Qt::Internal.application_terminated = true
end

(The begin/ensure part is
there to avoid the crash you get when you exit without calling
Qt::Application#exec). The same program written in C++ works perfectly and I
get 3 as return value. From ruby, instead, I get this
exception:

prova.rb:6:in `method_missing': Cannot handle 'long long' as
return-type of QIODevice::write (ArgumentError)
	from prova.rb:6:in
`<main>'

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Thanks for the
attention

Stefano