[Kde-bindings] Working with connects to ruby blocks only work irregular

Richard Dale richard.dale at telefonica.net
Fri Jul 23 14:01:29 UTC 2010

On Friday, July 23, 2010 02:24:58 pm Robert Riemann wrote:
> On Friday 23 July 2010 14:37:00 Arno Rehn wrote:
> > On Friday 23 July 2010 13:35:50 Robert Riemann wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > In my application I want to download some thumbnail images using
> > > KIO::storedGet. the kio job should return a signal 'result(KJob*)' when
> > > the downloaded data is ready for reading.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately It seems. that in my case the ruby block, which is
> > > connected to the result signal, gets only irregualar executed.
> > >
> > > I found out, then when I use c++synatax-like connections, everythng
> > > seems to work as it should.
>
> Example:
> http://github.com/saLOUt/KMiniTube/blob/3e69295a366ff0ecf3c6af5a2f5b440e54a
> 51757/main.rb see method thumbnail_url=
>
> > > You find the (not) working example here: http://pastie.org/1056803
> > > Maybe the kio job gets garbage collected in the meantime.
>
> equal example with just a different implemented thumbnail_url= method:
> http://pastie.org/1056973
>
> > Could you tell us which steps to take to reproduce the problem with your
> > app? Or provide a simple testcase?
> > I've just taken a look at the code, and I don't see anything that could
> > be going wrong. So I need to test it myself.
Thanks for the bug report. But really what is best to test this sort of thing
is a very simple test case just sufficient code to reproduce the problem. If you
just provide a link to you full program we first need to cut it down to create
that, which is more work. Also we don't know if the problem might be caused by
some interaction with the larger program, that would happen with a small test
case.