[Kde-bindings] Working with connects to ruby blocks only work irregular

Robert Riemann robert.riemann at physik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 23 11:35:50 UTC 2010

Hi all,

In my application I want to download some thumbnail images using
KIO::storedGet. the kio job should return a signal 'result(KJob*)' when the
downloaded data is ready for reading.

Unfortunately It seems. that in my case the ruby block, which is connected to
the result signal, gets only irregualar executed.

I found out, then when I use c++synatax-like connections, everythng seems
to work as it should.

You find the (not) working example here: http://pastie.org/1056803
Maybe the kio job gets garbage collected in the meantime.

Best regards,
Robert