[Kde-bindings] in korundum 4.5, calling super from event handlers causes SystemStackError

Stefano Crocco stefano.crocco at alice.it
Sun Jul 4 17:19:29 UTC 2010

Hello to everyone,
after some months in which I've been busy, I've resumed working on my project
using korundum. I've installed KDE 4.5 RC1 and found out that my program
almost works with the new version of korundum.

The problem I have now is that, if I derive a class from certain widget
classes, then reimplement an event handler for that class and call super from
within it, I get a SystemStackError. Here's an example of what I mean:

require 'Qt4'

class MyButton < Qt::PushButton

  def contextMenuEvent e
    super
  end

end

app = Qt::Application.new []
w = MyButton.new
w.show
app.exec

If you run this program, then right click on the button, you get a
SystemStackError. This seems to happen with all kind of widgets and also for
the eventFilter method.  All this worked correctly with korundum 4.4.

I don't know whether this is an intended change and we're not supposed to call
super for event handlers for classes defined in C++ or if this truly is a bug.

Thanks in advance for any help or answer

Stefano