[Kde-bindings] Compiling smoke on Windows

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 02:13:17 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/1/30 Elliott Slaughter <elliottslaughter at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> > I'm having trouble compiling smoke on Windows (preferably without having
> > compile all of KDE first). So far I've installed MinGW 5.1.3, Qt 4.6.1,
> > CMake 2.8, and I grabbed kde-bindings from svn. When I try to configure
> the
> > top-level kdebindings directory, I get the following error:
> > CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
> > 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:58 (MESSAGE):
> >   ERROR: Could not find KDE4 kde4-config
> > Call Stack (most recent call first)
> >   CMakeLists.txt:9 (find_package)
> > I'm not sure if I'm following the correct procedure for compiling smoke.
> Is
> > there any way to get this to work without building the rest of KDE? I
> looked
> > at the variable list in cmake-gui and nothing looked particularly
> promising.
> > Thanks.
>
> Well it looks like kde4-config is required, I guess its a bug in the
> FindKDE4 cmake. You could stick a blank kde4-config.bat in your path
> and see if that works. :)

Then I get the following:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:98 (MESSAGE):
  ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:9 (find_package)

Otherwise just accept that kdelibs is a build-time dependency of
> Smoke. You don't have to compile kdelibs, just get it from
> windows.kde.org.

After installing kdelibs I get the following:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:70
(MESSAGE):

Did not find automoc4 (part of kdesupport). Searched for
Automoc4Config.cmake in using suffixes automoc4 lib/automoc4
lib64/automoc4. (missing: AUTOMOC4_EXECUTABLE)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Bin/KDE/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindAutomoc4.cmake:56
(find_package_handle_standard_args)
C:/Bin/KDE/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake:294
(find_package)
C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:95
(FIND_PACKAGE)
CMakeLists.txt:9 (find_package)

Thanks for your help.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay