[Kde-bindings] Compiling smoke on Windows

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 01:29:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm having trouble compiling smoke on Windows (preferably without having to
compile all of KDE first). So far I've installed MinGW 5.1.3, Qt 4.6.1,
CMake 2.8, and I grabbed kde-bindings from svn. When I try to configure the
top-level kdebindings directory, I get the following error:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:58 (MESSAGE):
  ERROR: Could not find KDE4 kde4-config
Call Stack (most recent call first)
  CMakeLists.txt:9 (find_package)

I'm not sure if I'm following the correct procedure for compiling smoke. Is
there any way to get this to work without building the rest of KDE? I looked
at the variable list in cmake-gui and nothing looked particularly promising.

Thanks.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay