[Kde-bindings] FreeDesktop icons?

IBBoard ibboard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 16:53:22 UTC 2010

I'm back again :)

With GTK# apps I can specify a standard common icon for menu
items/actions using the FreeDesktop naming convention and it'll load the
appropriate one for the current theme.

I've looked around for how to do it, but I can't find any Qyoto
documentation and all I can find for general Qt work is a C++ project
that doesn't seem to be a core part of Qt [1].

Am I missing something obvious that already exists, or is there not a
way to use the current icon theme's icons by following FreeDesktop
conventions? I'll bundle icons if I have to, but I'd just rather look
native (which was, after all, the point of looking at using Qyoto :) )

Thanks.

[1] http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/02/13/freedesktop-icons-in-qt/