[Kde-bindings] Adding Perl bindings to Qt 4 to the kdebindings tree

Jonathan Yu frequency at cpan.org
Tue Jan 19 13:32:23 UTC 2010

Hi all:

I suppose that means I too should request an account.

Anyway, there is currently some discussion and some disagreement with
respect to maintaining backward compatibility. As I understand it,
Chris intends to keep the Qt bindings behaving as they've always done,
and Eric Wilhelm intends to change the interface a bit (because we
wanted to get rid of XS_AUTOLOAD magic).

I mention this only because Eric wants to fork the bindings, so I'm
not sure how this will affect the KDE/Qt projects themselves. As
Chris' implementation sticks to what has been done in the past, I
think it's fair to have it as the "official" binding. However, it is
beneficial for both projects (if Eric's project does proceed) to
cross-reference each other so that users can select the most
appropriate implementation for their usage.

Cheers,

Jonathan