[Kde-bindings] SIGSEGV when running Qyoto apps?

IBBoard ibboard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 19:26:18 UTC 2010

On 21/02/10 18:10, Arno Rehn wrote:
> On Sunday 21 February 2010 15:28:04 IBBoard wrote:
>> Basically, after an indeterminate amount of time (sometimes in the
>> middle of executing a menu action, sometimes while resizing panels,
>> sometimes while just moving the mouse over the window) my app crashes
>> and prints out:
>>
>> The application was terminated by a signal: SIGSEGV
>> Are there any known problems that could cause this? Or any good ways to
>> get some more information to determine if it is just versioning issues?
> That seems like a problem in Qyoto, yes. First thing to try would be qyoto (or
> mono-qt as opensuse seems to call it) 4.4.0, because that's the current
> release. A proper backtrace would be nice, too (-debug packages should be
> available, I hope). If everything fails (or even before :)), create a small
> test application that exhibits this behaviour or point us to your code so we
> can test it ourselves (a small test app would be nicer, though ;)).
>
> Quick guess: Mono's GC is again interfering with Qt's way of cleaning up
> objects. Maybe look if an QObject doesn't have a parent set and set one, if
> necessary. Dunno if that's the cause, though.

I'll see what I can do. I've had occasional stack traces, but they were
only three lines lone (mono, mono and libpthreads). The most common
crash was quite literally just that message printed to the console and
nothing more. I'll try mono-qt 4.4 as well, once I've rummaged around on
the build service and found it!

Instructions and locations for my code are on the project website[1],
but as it is a bit of a complex example with a couple of dependencies
I'll try to make a smaller test case as well.

Thanks.

[1]
http://dev.ibboard.co.uk/projects/warfoundry/wiki/Development/GettingStarted#WarFoundryQtQyoto