[Kde-bindings] C#, Qyoto, Qt - How to add icons to project?

linuxoidoz at yahoo.com.au linuxoidoz at yahoo.com.au
Sat Feb 20 04:52:24 UTC 2010

Ok, I got it. I made a resource file in Qt Creator and looked how they do that and then copied the idea:

1. Make a resources.qrc file in any text editor

<RCC>
    <qresource prefix="/myresources">
        <file>icons/video.svg</file>
        <file>icons/audio.svg</file>
        <file>icons/image.svg</file>
    </qresource>
</RCC>

assuming the resources.qrc in in the main project folder /project and the icons are in /project/icons

2. Convert the Qt resource file into C#

csrcc -o resources.cs resources.qrc

3. Add resources.cs to your project and set 'Allow unsafe code' in the project settings.
4. Add this to main.cs

			QInitResources__dest_class__.QInitResources();

Qyoto rocks!.. most of the times