[Kde-bindings] Building QtRuby for Qt/Embedded

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri Feb 19 18:24:35 UTC 2010

On Friday 19 February 2010 05:46:24 pm Steffen Beyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems to work now!  :)
>
> At least the build is successful, so I got something to play around with.
>
> My complete patch is available here[1] and here[2], including a build
> script for Ruby 1.9 (based on the CMakeLists comment).
>
> I put together a SVN snapshot with the patch and the necessary cmake
> modules included, available at [3].
>
> [1] <http://pastie.org/833004>
> [2] <http://www.centibel.org/files/lib/kdebindings-qtruby-20100219.patch>
> [3] <http://www.centibel.org/files/lib/qtruby-20100219.tar.bz2>
>
> Kind regards,
That looks good. I think you will need to remove the QtOpenGL initialization
for the qtopengl smoke lib from qtruby.cpp:

extern Q_DECL_EXPORT void
Init_qtruby4()
{
    init_qtcore_Smoke();
    init_qtgui_Smoke();
    init_qtxml_Smoke();
    init_qtsql_Smoke();
//    init_qtopengl_Smoke();
    init_qtnetwork_Smoke();
    init_qtsvg_Smoke();
    init_qtdbus_Smoke();

    install_handlers(Qt_handlers);

    INIT_BINDING(qtcore)
    INIT_BINDING(qtgui)
    INIT_BINDING(qtxml)
    INIT_BINDING(qtsql)
//    INIT_BINDING(qtopengl)
    INIT_BINDING(qtnetwork)
    INIT_BINDING(qtsvg)
    INIT_BINDING(qtdbus)

A release of this QtRuby on RubyForge is a bit overdue - I'll try and do one
this weekend if I have time.