[Kde-bindings] Qt, Qyoto buttons work intermediately

James Mansion james at mansionfamily.plus.com
Tue Feb 16 22:39:56 UTC 2010

Arno Rehn wrote:
> Yes, trapping show and hide events is not exactly a nice way to keep track of
> used windows. But the visibility of a window is the only feature I could think
> of that indicates whether a window is still used or not.

I'm not sure that show and hide are quite the right events - its the
destroy event really.
You can logically regard the native window handle (which is owned by the
windowing
system) as owning a reference to its on proxy object, and release it
when the native
handle is destroyed.

I guess systems that defer instantiation of the native window until
first show or some
such can result in a race anyway. Its definitely safer to keep such
windows in a global
somewhere.