[Kde-bindings] Qt, Qyoto buttons work intermediately

linuxoidoz at yahoo.com.au linuxoidoz at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 16 13:59:48 UTC 2010

OK, here's the test project attached to prove my point.

1. Currently, MainWindow.cs has a class MainWindow which has a InitUI() property which has a ShowAbout() slot
Connect(startWin.btnAbout, SIGNAL("clicked()"), this, SLOT("ShowAbout()"));

2. MainWindow.cs has a slot GoToPage2() with a slot
Connect(startWin.btnAbout, SIGNAL("clicked()"), this, SLOT("ShowAbout()"));

3. Both StartWindow.cs and SecondWindow.cs have their ShowAbout() slots disabled (commented out).

4. The way it works now is that you can switch between the stack pages, click on the Show About buttons and they will pop up messages with a page number.

5. Now comment out the both ShowAbout() slots in MainWindow.cs and un-comment out those in StartWindow.cs and SecondWindow.cs and see what happens.

6. On my computer, I can still switch between the pages (because the slots are in the MainWindow), but none of the Show About buttons work (because they are in separate classes). This is what I meant. Is this a bug? There's no documentation on Qyoto, so I've got no idea how and where to use these signals/slots in C#.