[Kde-bindings] Building QtRuby for Qt/Embedded

Steffen Beyer serpent at centibel.org
Tue Feb 16 11:53:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm in the process of building an embedded system, a media player[1],
based on GNU/Linux (ArchLinux), Qt/Embedded and Ruby.

As yet I did not get the QtRuby binding to work -- it seems to miss some
OpenGL and/or X11 components. Kalyptus seems to a have an option for
Qt/Embedded (--qte), so I assume this must be possible. Sadly, I don't
understand the whole Qt/Smoke/KDE/Kalyptus jumble well enough yet, to
debug this myself.

Any help appreciated!

Kind regards,
Steffen

[1] <http://www.centibel.org/>

[root at centibel qt4-qtruby-2.0.3]# cmake .
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Found Perl: /usr/bin/perl
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - found
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found.
-- Found Qt-Version 4.6.1 (using /usr/local/bin/qmake)
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H - found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE
-- Ruby found: /usr/lib/libruby.so
-- Build Smoke... yes - Qt, QtWebKit, QtScript, QtUiTools, QtTest
-- Ruby found: /usr/lib/libruby.so
-- Build QtRuby... yes
-- Build QtWebKit Ruby... yes
-- Build QtUiTools Ruby... yes
-- Build QtScript... yes
-- Build QtTest... yes
-- Build QScintilla Ruby... no
-- Build Qwt Ruby... no
CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
No cmake_minimum_required command is present. A line of code such as

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

should be added at the top of the file. The version specified may be lower
if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project. For more
information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they
are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
CMake files:
QT_QTOPENGL_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
linked by target "smokeqt" in directory
/root/qtruby/qt4-qtruby-2.0.3/smoke/qt

Steffen Beyer <serpent at centibel.org>

GnuPG key fingerprint: CA00 1611 242B 89D4 E643  E235 05F3 7689 DD3E EB26
Public key available upon request or at http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net