[Kde-bindings] Qt, Qyoto buttons work intermediately

linuxoidoz at yahoo.com.au linuxoidoz at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 16 09:09:23 UTC 2010

> Rather with
>
> class MainClass {
> 	static MainWindow win;
>
> 	public static int Main(string[] args) {
> 		win = new MainWindow();
> 		win.Show();
> 	}

Thanks for the tip, everything works perfectly well now after I used your main method.

But it didn't fix the issue with signals/slots only working if defined in the main application class. As soon as I move any slot into another class it becomes unvisible and stops transmitting triggered signals. Is there a workaround for that?

For example, if I use a

Connect(btnAbout1, SIGNAL("triggered()"), this, SLOT("ShowAbout()"));

in the MainApplication class - it works fine. As soon as I try to use it from another class:

public void AnotherClass(QMainWindow mainwin) {
QObject.Connect(btnAbout2, Qt.SIGNAL("triggered()"), mainwin, Qt.SLOT("ShowAbout()"));

it doesn't do anything.

> > What should I do with
> >  the patch?
> Apply it?

Sorry, I don't know how to apply a patch. I've just used the above main class and it all works.