[Kde-bindings] Qt, Qyoto buttons work intermediately

Robert Riemann robert.riemann at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 15 18:20:04 UTC 2010

> Yes, Richard was right. In your main.cs file your create the MainWindow simply
> with
> new MainWindow();
> but don't save it in a variable. The GC thinks it is now eligible for
> collection since there are no other references to it anymore.
> I had already committed a fix a while back that should have prevented visible
> top-level widgets from being collected, but I didn't cover every possibility.
> I just committed another fix which makes this works. Thanks for the report!

I think such kind of fixes should be removed from trunk. Using widgets
without a reference seems to be dirty coding style to me,
which doesn't need  to be supported.

Trying to fixing it would be something like a workaround which isn't
really necessary imho, but creates overhead.

I vote for removing these workarounds.

Robert

PS: Please consider I have nearly no idea of good coding style myself.
Just "speaking" out loud my thoughts...