[Kde-bindings] kdebindings and ruby-1.9

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Feb 5 18:44:58 UTC 2010

On Thursday 04 February 2010, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 February 2010, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> > В сообщении от Среда 03 февраля 2010 21:41:01 автор Alexander Neundorf
> >
> > написал:

> > > Yes.
> > > Does it work with the FindRuby.cmake shipping with cmake 2.8.0 ?
> > > Then we can simply sync the files (while keeping source compatibility
> > > on our side)
> >
> > FindRuby from cmake-2.8.0 finds ruby-1.9 correctly so merging will solve
> > (a). I don't sure that the merge can be done in 100% compatible way
> > because RUBY_INCLUDE_PATH now contains two directories instead of one.
>
> Ok, I'll have a look in the next days.

Ok, I had a quick look.
We have a FindRUBY.cmake, CMake has a FindRuby.cmake (note the difference in
the upper/camel casing).

This mean, we could just add a copy of FindRuby.cmake to
kdelibs/cmake/modules/ and there would be no problem, only users
of "FindRuby.cmake" would get the new one.

Are there problems on Windows if we do this. having two files which differ
only in the casing in one directory ?

Alex