[Kde-bindings] Building QtRuby on MeeGo - any advice?

Declan McGrath declan at weuseopensource.com
Thu Aug 5 21:08:50 UTC 2010

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the tip. I actually tried to use cmake before I got your
email. I think I have a more fundamental problem as follows:

* I am in a directory called qtruby_build
* Assuming I'm in qtruby_build, I have the qtruby source code in ../qtruby
* I run
     cmake ../qtruby
* And I get two important errors, which I highlight here
ERROR 1:
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- broken
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:43 (MESSAGE):
  The C++ compiler "/usr/bin/c++" is not able to compile a simple test
  program.
ERROR 2:
  /usr/lib/gcc/i586-meego-linux/4.4.2/../../../libm.so: file not recognized:
  File truncated

I think maybe my C++ compiler is borked. Though I wonder is it some
sort of intel vs ARM processor issue as I'm running on an Intel
netbook?

I'm pretty stuck now!

Full output is below. Any ideas or help greatly appreciated!

Ciao,
Dec

cmake ../qtruby
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- broken
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:43 (MESSAGE):
  The C++ compiler "/usr/bin/c++" is not able to compile a simple test
  program.

  It fails with the following output:

   Change Dir: /home/meego/qtruby_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

  Run Build Command:/usr/bin/gmake "cmTryCompileExec/fast"

  /usr/bin/gmake -f CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make
  CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build

  gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/meego/qtruby_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'

  /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report
  /home/meego/qtruby_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles 1

  Building CXX object CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o

  /usr/bin/c++ -o CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o -c
  /home/meego/qtruby_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCXXCompiler.cxx

  Linking CXX executable cmTryCompileExec

  /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script
  CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/link.txt --verbose=1

  /usr/bin/c++ CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o -o
  cmTryCompileExec -rdynamic

  /usr/lib/gcc/i586-meego-linux/4.4.2/../../../libm.so: file not recognized:
  File truncated

  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

  gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/meego/qtruby_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'

  gmake[1]: *** [cmTryCompileExec] Error 1

  gmake: *** [cmTryCompileExec/fast] Error 2

  CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.