[Kde-bindings] Building smoke for Mac OS X

Richard Dale richard.dale at telefonica.net
Fri Apr 9 08:19:43 UTC 2010

On Friday 09 April 2010 05:54:26 am Adam Higuera wrote:
> I'm on OS X and downloaded the latest SVN version of kdebindings in order
> to build smoke for Qt.  I'm not particularly interested in the rest of the
> KDE bindings.
>
> So far I have failed rather spectacularly, probably because I don't really
> have any idea what I'm doing.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers about building the smoke bindings for Qt on
> Mac OS X?
I did try build the smoke libs with Snow Leopard on my MacBook a few weeks
ago. I used the pre-built Cocoa framework based version of Qt 4.6 downloaded
from the Nokia site. It didn't work because the 'smokegen' tool wasn't finding
the headers, and there were no classes in the smoke lib code it generated.
I'll try and investigate what is going wrong - it might be quite easy to fix -
maybe smokegen isn't following symbolic links or something like that.