[Kde-bindings] Plasma smoke missing Plasma::DataEngine::Data& type

Richard Dale richard.dale at telefonica.net
Fri Apr 9 02:52:52 UTC 2010

On Thursday 08 April 2010 11:54:57 pm Chris Burel wrote:
> The Plasma smoke object is missing this type.  This makes it
> impossible for plasma widgets to get updates through the dataUpdated
> signal.
>
> From plasma/datacontainer.h:
> Q_SIGNALS:
> void dataUpdated(const QString &source, const Plasma::DataEngine::Data
Yes, I did find this problem a few weeks ago and sent a mail about it. The type
is being resolved so that it no longer matches the type signal of the
slot/signal. So I think we need to add  a type entry for the unresolved type
to the types[] array in smokedata.cpp for types in slots/signals even if the
smokegen is being run with the 'resolve types' option.