[Kde-bindings] building smoke

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sun Sep 20 14:55:40 UTC 2009

On Sunday 20 September 2009 10:29:23 Stefano Crocco wrote:
> I read that smoke is now generated using the new smokegenerator utility,
> rather than kalyptus. When I tried to build a recent svn revision of smoke,
> however, it failed with the following error:
>
> "Cannot load library generator_smoke: (libgenerator_smoke.so: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory)"
>
> (Of course, this happended after building the smokegenerator utility).
>  Indeed, running
>
> find -name '*generator_smoke.so'
>
> from the build directory only shows ./generator/bin/generator_smoke.so,
>  which explains why libgenerator_smoke.so can't be found: it doesn't exist!
>  I tried copying that file to /usr/local/lib/libgenerator_smoke.so and that
>  solved that error
Yes, the name generator_smoke.so is used on purpose, since it's a plugin and
not a real shared library. QLibrary (with which the generator is loaded) tries
all possibilities, including generator_smoke.so. I don't have a clue why it
doesn't work for you, but on my machine it does. What revision and what distro
do you use?

(later there was an error in compiling smoke plasma but
>  that's another issue).
Plasma_smoke hasn't yet been converted to use smokegenerator yet.

> What I did to compile smoke was the following (from the kdebindings
> directory):
>
> mkdir build_smoke
> cd build_smoke
> cmake ..
> ccmake . (disable building all the languages except smoke)
> make
>
> Is this correct or am I missing something?
This is correct.

arno at arnorehn.de