[Kde-bindings] new generator: mac os x building

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Tue Oct 13 14:01:06 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 13 October 2009 14:32:37 Petr Vanek wrote:
> On Oct 13, 2009, at 1:48 PM, Arno Rehn wrote:
> >> linux. So I had to change it a bit. The generator is split into
> >> generator_lib shared library (all src except main.cpp) and generator
> >> executable (main.cpp) linked with generator_lib.
> >> Linking of "plugins" is changed too.
> >> It's tested on Linux (suse), and macosx leopard.
> >
> > Hm, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work on os x. Too bad I
> > don't have a
> > mac to test things. I guess I'll simply split the generator
> > executable into
> > two parts if it causes that much trouble.
>
> I don't know why it's not working, but it's real ;) Luckily the patch
> is simple.
> See attached file.
> I can say my imagination is too weak for using executables as libs ;)
Well, afaik there's not much of a difference between a library and an
executable - the latter one has an entry point, but else..
It even works the other way round, i.e. using a library as an executable. Just
see what happens when you execute /lib/libc.so.6 in a terminal ;).

Regarding your patch: thanks, I'll just modify the name of the library.
libgenerator_lib.so sounds a bit stupid I think.

arno at arnorehn.de