[Kde-bindings] PerlQt constructor syntax

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri May 29 17:12:35 UTC 2009

On Friday 29 May 2009 03:35:41 pm Jonathan Yu wrote:
> On the other hand, releasing that way means we do need to get Ashley
> Winters to give us control of the namespace. I'm not sure of the
> likelihood of that given the lack of response with respect to the
> whole constructor question.
Umm that doesn't seem correct to me, as Ashley provided a very complete
rationale for the constructor design, along with examples on this mailing
list. Did you miss that?

> Right now I do have the Qt4 namespace registered, which means we can
> use Qt4 and Qt4:: modules. I understand typing Qt4::PushButton might
> be "ugly", but in the end it's the most Perlish thing to do, and
> allows easy compatibility with Qt3. Why go through all that work just
> for some 'pretty' module names?
>
> And releasing our inner classes as Qt::PushButton will instantly mark
> our class as UNAUTHORIZED unless Ashley Winters gives us the entire
> namespace, which invalidates his/her modules
Recently, when we wanted to relicense the language bindings based on the Smoke
libraries under the LGPL, Ashley was very helpful. I've every reason to
believe he will be helpful again and collaborate with you in your efforts to
get the current Qt4 PerlQt on CPAN.