[Kde-bindings] PerlQt constructor syntax

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Wed May 27 09:29:41 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 06:24:04 am Chris Burel wrote:
> I originally sent this directly to who I believe are the authors of
> PerlQt3, Ashley Winters and Germain Garand.  But I figured someone on
> the kde-bindings list might have some input on this as well.

I don't have an opinion about the Perl constructor syntax one way or another,
but to me the suggestion to name the classes like 'Qt4::PushButton' instead of
Qt::PushButton is really ugly.

It's great to see that the Qt4 version of PerlQt is picking up steam anyway.
Do you think that anyone would be doing a KDE version? If so, it would be
really nice to have the PerlQt and PerlKDE projects in the kdebindings svn, as
then we would have 4 different Smoke based bindings there and it would be
easier to coordinate the projects when we were improving the Smoke libs.