[Kde-bindings] qyoto and qyotodevelop

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Tue May 5 17:22:58 UTC 2009

Hi Arnando

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 2:20 AM, Armando B. <hmandevteam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard :)
> do you remember me ? :-)
>
> i using from yesterday qyotodevelop to dev qt gui apps with monodevelop.
> WoW, Great Work :)
>
> i needed to modify somethings:
>

> 1. write a qyoto.pc file as follow in /usr/lib/pkgconfig folder:
>    prefix=/usr
>    exec_prefix=${prefix}
>    libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
>
>    Name: Qyoto
>    Version: 4.5.0
>    Libs: -r:${libdir}/mono/2.0/qt-dotnet.dll

I've just checked the Qyoto project in the kdebindings svn, and we
already have that file:

mardigras rdale 513% cat ./csharp/qyoto/qyoto.pc
Name: Qyoto
Version: 4.5.0
Libs: -r:qt-dotnet

And it gets installed in the CMakeLists.txt file with:

INSTALL(FILES ${PROJECT_NAME}.pc DESTINATION ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}/pkgconfig )

So does that do what you need? I'll cc this mail to the
kde-bindings at kde.org mailing list so we can ask there.

> 2. Comment [m_SetupUiMethod.Statements.Add] methods that add
> "AddWidget" in QyotoCodeGeneratos.cs
>

> i see that Helio Chissini de Castro (helio at mandriva.com) maintain
> kdebindings on Mandriva, so
> i would like to have qyotodevelop also in Mandriva repos, but to do
> this you should modify
> qyoto tarball or patched.
>
> could be possible ?
Yes, I agree it would be a good idea, but we don't maintain the
QyotoDevelop stuff in the kdebindings svn, and so you need to
coordinate with the maintainer and Helio about that I think.

regards
-- Richard