[Kde-bindings] PerlQt constructor syntax

Gary Greene greeneg at tolharadys.net
Tue Jun 2 07:32:37 UTC 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009 12:10:13 pm Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> # from Jonathan Yu
>
> # on Monday 01 June 2009 11:28:
> >I strongly feel that the Qt4 namespace is most appropriate for this
> >module. On the other hand, how do we provide a simple upgrade path?
>
> I suggest:
>
>   use Qt4 as => 'Qt';
>
> This calls "Qt4->import(as => 'Qt');", which would then need to install
> all of the constructor functions in the Qt:: namespace.
>
> --Eric

As a person that has more than a fair amount of time invested in PerlQt3 based
applications, I'd prefer that the syntax be left alone, please. Moving to Qt4
will require rewriting much of my applications as is, and I'd prefer NOT to
have to learn a new idiom while having to wrap my head around the heavy
changes to applications that Qt4 requires. Please just work with Ashley and
Gerand to get the namespace transferred.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: peorth.tolharadys.net