[Kde-bindings] Qyoto QWebView and cross platform

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Thu Jul 2 17:56:07 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 01 July 2009 07:58:45 Luca Viggiani wrote:
> @Arno:
> Found thanks! The deb package is libqtwebkit2.2-cil which binds to
> libqt4-webkit (4.5.0)
>
> @All: Any info on my second question?
>
> 2) More general question: I plan to do a cross platform application
> embedding a webbrowser (webkit). I had success both in c++ with native
> qt libs and in Java with QtJambi. I see that someone could compile qyoto
> for windows and there are tutorials for Mac as well. More in general,
> what's the plan for Qyoto project? Will it have a long term life? Is
> there planned to have pre-built packages of Qyoto for both Mac and
> Windows directly form the Qyoto team?
There will probably be packages for Windows and Mac - I don't know if we'll
build them or the KDE teams for windows and Mac.
There is currently a discussion going on whether it's good to have .NET
bindings for Qt/KDE and the dangers that come with it because of MS software
patents on it - but I'm pretty sure the project will live on. At least I
myself do not have an intention of stopping developing it and I'm pretty sure
Richard also won't just leave it.

arno at arnorehn.de