[Kde-bindings] discrepancy in python bindings for plasma

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Wed Feb 18 21:37:14 UTC 2009

Hello,

Benjamin Kleiner wrote:
> I have played around with the python bindings for plasma, and I noticed
> that the config dialog can't be "hijacked", since
> plasmascript.Applet.createConfigurationInterface() won't get called,
> thou you can use showConfiguration to completely override it. Is it
> supposed to be this way, and if yes, why?

The scripted applet API doesn't fully mirror the C++ Applet API, and
you'll have to ask the Plasma team as to why that it. Personally, I
haven't missed createConfigurationInterface() in my plasma experiments.
If it bothers you, you could put in a request to the Plasma people.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/