[Kde-bindings] branches/KDE/4.3/kdebindings

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Wed Dec 9 18:25:14 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 09 December 2009 06:11:34 pm Arno Rehn wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 December 2009 18:11:05 Richard Dale wrote:

> > > So do we still support kalyptus?
> >
> > Well I'd rather not as we've got loads of things to do with kdebindings
> > in the trunk for the kde 4.4 release. Like make all the bindings use the
> > new split up smoke libs like smokeqtcore, smokekdeui etc.
> >
> > But I did get sent the patch, and it looked fine in that it wouldn't
> > break the build with Qt 4.5 and so it seemed fine to commit it. I'm not
> > really interested in doing anything more though for Qt 4.6 in the kde 4.3
> > branch, like add all the new Qt classes like I've done for the trunk,
> > only enough to make sure it builds.
>
> Good. I've just seen that this commit was to the 4.3 branch. I thought you
> committed this to trunk which made me wonder about kalyptus support ;).
>
> Regarding the bindings: Should we just keep monolithic bindings that use
>  the (now really) modular smoke libs for 4.4 or split the bindings into
>  QtCore, QtGui, kdecore, kdeui, etc. modules as well? I think the latter
>  would make sense, but I don't know if it can be achieved in the remaining
>  time until 4.4 is released.
I'm keen on ditching the qt and kde monolithic smoke libs as soon as possible.
We can move to the new ones in two stages as you say, but I don't think the
first stage should take long - keeping the monolithic bindings but with the
smaller smoke libs.

I don't know if the PHPQt bindings are being maintained, but they will need
some work too. I've been meaning to have a look at the code for a while.

-- Richrad