[Kde-bindings] Introducing project KDEgettext.rb for qtruby or korundum

Robert Riemann robert.riemann at physik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 5 13:10:28 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

i wrote a little application to extract the translator information (po-file)
from your ruby code.

You can find the gem on github and my own server (maybe github is to slow to
show the recent commits):

http://git.salout.selfip.org/KDEgettext.rb.git/tree
http://github.com/saLOUt/KDEGettext.rb/tree

But there is still one problem:

On my PC the gem only works with ruby1.9 in a login console (su - user).
It would be nice if you test it on your pc. I've uploaded some sample code to:
http://pastie.org/572426

After installation via sudo gem(1.9) install kdegettext.gem-x.x.x.gem
there is a /usr/bin/kdegettext.rb .

To use it with ruby v1.9 just try something like:
ruby1.9 /usr/bin/kdegettext.rb file.rb

to use it with your ruby in $PATH, it is only:
kdegettext.rb file.rb

I hope the bugs are related to my own ruby configuration.

Greets Robert