[Kde-bindings] smoke usage - how to create new bindings

Petr Vanek petr at scribus.info
Mon Aug 3 15:33:44 UTC 2009

hi all,

I'd like to create a Qt4 bindings for new language and Smoke seems to
be "The Solution" for this task.

Unfortunately there is no documentation for Smoke. So I studied ruby
(propably the  main stuff) and php (imho better structured) bindings.
There is one more issue - I don't know internals of these languages so
it's very hard to understand what's smoke stuff and what's part of
ruby/php.

Is there any "minimal" (pseudocode) code to show how Smoke works? What
to implement to do basic marshalling etc.

all the best,
Petr