[Kde-bindings] Akademy talks for bindings

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri Apr 10 15:51:10 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009 11:51:05 Mauro Iazzi wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'd like to know if and who asked for a talk at the next akademy. It
> seems there were no bindings talk last year. It would be nice to have
> some this year. I am particularly interested in dynamic bindings
> (obviously). I'm asking for a lightning talk about Lua, but if someone
> wants we could arrange a shared talk...
> The deadline is near, so I'll try to join on freenode if possible (I'm
> firewalled).
> Cheers to all,
I just applied for a talk about the GObject Introspection/QMetaObject bridge
bindings and forwarded it to this list.

A lightning talk about Lua would be really good. I think it would be nice for
as many Qt/KDE and GNOME bindings guys to give 5 minute talks so we can get to
know each other. I think us KDE guys will find the GObject Introspection
library for implementing dynamic bindings pretty interesting, and I'm sure we
can talk to the GNOME guys about how QMetaObjects or Smoke works and so on.