[Kde-bindings] kdebase/workspace build

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Tue Oct 14 10:44:39 UTC 2008

On Monday 13 October 2008 21:54:21 Simon Edwards wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> > we just had some breakages in kdebase/workspace if ppl haven't build
> > kdebindings before (that would mean a circle dependency). Pinotree
> > suggested to move the scripting part to kdebindings as well and fix the
> > inclusing of the Plasma stuff there.
>
> It should be possible to build kdebindings after kdelibs and before
> kdebase. We already have a python app in kdeadmin and I hoping for more
> in other parts of KDE in the future.
>
> Richard, do you want to move the ruby plasma stuff into kdebase or start
> a new module somewhere in svn?
From my point of view it's easier to work when everything is in kdebindings.
If ruby is moved to kdebase, then we will need to move the C# bindings too as
they use the same smoke libraries.  I think where things should go is
something that packagers would know best about.

> > I disabled building the scriptengine part for now, will reenable it
> > later.
>
> that's cool until we work out a real solution.
I would prefer to everything for Ruby and C# in kdebindings for now, but try
and work out what to do in time for the KDE 4.2 release.