[Kde-bindings] Qyoto

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 18:39:42 UTC 2008

Hi Jim

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Jim Bennett <jim at jimandali.com> wrote:

>  Hi Richard,
>

> I was taking a brief look at possible GUI application development options
> for Mono, and am curious if Qyoto is officially dead?  (it appears that
> the domain name qyoto.org was not renewed, and I'm unable to find any info
> on whether or not any maintenance/development efforts will continue in the
> future.

No Qyoto isn't dead at all, both Qyoto (Qt apis) and Kimono (the KDE apis)
are very much being actively developed in the KDE svn trunk in the
kdebindings module. We discuss development on the
kde-bindings at kde.orgmailing list (I'll cc my reply to your mail
there), and on the #kde-bindings
irc channel, and anyone is welcome to join in. We didn't really make good
use of the qyoto.org site and it looks like the guy who set it up has
terminated it. I the future I think we should use the KDE Tech Base wiki for
tutorials and info, and possibly ask the Mono guys to let us set up some
links, downloads and info on their site.