[Kde-bindings] [Reminder] Feature Freeze.

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed May 21 22:02:27 UTC 2008

Richard Dale wrote:
> Actually what we actually do is:  "Wrap some more APIs" and "keep fixing
> stuff".

yeah, but independend of the "feature"-page (though I guess once e.g. akonadi
is done it's really a feature that should be named as such :)

> You never know whether you're going to hit problems with the Mono
> compiler, or weird unwrappable complicated shit in the kdelibs, strange
> Ruby stack underflows or whatever. So language bindings doesn't really
> proceed in a very predictable way.

true too. Well, I did by myself add 2 items to the 4.1 feature_plan list once
they where done and not before cause of exactly such things. But on the other
hand it's nice to know what the plans are. E.g. myself is looking forward to
see the akonadi client-lib accessible with QtRuby (I tried to do some things
using the dbus-interface but there is still a huge diff between them beside
the missing UI-logic the client-lib provides).

> I think we will probably wrap the Akonadi api in Ruby and possibly C#, but
> then again we might not.

I hope the first will happen :)