[Kde-bindings] Qyoto ARGB windows using C++ QApplication hack: crashes

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sat Mar 1 10:46:05 UTC 2008

Am Samstag 01 März 2008 09:08:46 schrieb Richard Dale:
> On Friday 29 February 2008 20:42:22 Arno Rehn wrote:

> > > William's idea of pulling out all the X11 specific stuff into
> > > subclasses like QX11Application seems good to me. And then put them all
> > > in one X11 specific dll, so that the other pure Qt dlls will be the
> > > same on all platforms.
> >
> > We could also put the stuff into the normal assembly, but create some
> > #if's and thus only compile the code if Q_WS_X11 is set.
>
> Yes we could, and I did suggest that to William when we were chatting about
> it on irc, but he said then the dlls wouldn't be identical across
> platforms. Would that affect the code that we compile against those
> different dlls, and would it need recompiling against each slightly
> different set of dlls? Maybe not - I'm not sure about what the rules are.
> So I prefer the subclassing scheme best.
I just randomly commented out some code of the Qt classes and recompiled it.
t14 (compiled against the old code) still works. So I believe you don't have
to recompile against the changed assembly. You don't have to recompile your
assemblies if you update Mono itself, too. It would be kind of funny if you
had to.

arno at arnorehn.de