[Kde-bindings] Resolve typedefs in kalyptus

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sat Jun 28 15:03:54 UTC 2008

On Saturday 28 June 2008 16:46:26 Richard Dale wrote:
> On Saturday 28 June 2008 13:23:05 Arno Rehn wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in the last days I've worked on a patch that makes
> > kalyptusDataDict::resolveType also resolve typedefs. It works quite well
> > as far as I have tested it and now even resolves things like
> > Collection::Id in the context of the Akonadi namespace. However I haven't
> > tested it with all APIs that are availible since I don't have all of
> > these packages. I'll attach the patch, so you can test it yourself.
> > If all goes right, is this ok to commit?
>
> Yes, I think so. The only problem I can think of is that if we resolve all
> the C++ types to remove typedefs, when we introspect the C++ api with
> rbqtapi it won't look quite like the C++ api api anymore. But then I think
> rbqtapi and related tools need redoing so they introspect the smoke lib and
> give you a Ruby or C# or PHP view of what's in there, rather than a C++
> view. On the other hand, if you want to look up stuff in the Qt Assistant
> docs, you need to know the name of the typedef to do that.
I don't think that knowing the typedef is that important for looking up stuff
in the Assistant. What's important is the method name - if you have that, the
Assistant provides you with all the relevant information. And if a method
takes an QList<QObject*> instead of a QObjectList, I think everyone can guess
that it could be the same.. ;-)

arno at arnorehn.de