[Kde-bindings] Crash in qtruby4 (svn) using custom C++ classes

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri Jun 20 13:48:33 UTC 2008

On Friday 20 June 2008 14:45:18 Stefano Crocco wrote:
> On Friday 20 June 2008, Arno Rehn wrote:
> > I get the same error, same gcc and ld version, ruby 1.8.6_p114 and Qt
> > 4.4.0. You can set Qt.debug_level = Qt::DebugLevel::Extensive just before
> > the call to the function that returns a string to get more information.
> > I'll take a look into this, thanks for the report.
>
> I did what you suggested. This is the result:
> doing string_test
> classname    == QWidget
>
> :: method == stringTest
>
> -> methodIds == []
> candidate list:
> Possible prototypes:
>         QRegion QWidget::mask() const
Actually we are invoking a native slot that isn't in the smoke library and so
we're not going to get anything useful from the log of things looked up in
the smoke lib. It will always be missing, and then the QtRuby runtime will
look for a native slot that matches the method name being called and invoke
that if one is found.