[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings/csharp/kimono

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri Jun 20 10:26:24 UTC 2008

On Thursday 19 June 2008 23:02:01 Arno Rehn wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 19 Juni 2008 21:04:42 schrieb Richard Dale:
> > SVN commit 822298 by rdale:
> >
> > * Added the p7 tutorial. There is a problem with this line:
> >
> >     KConfig config = KApplication.kApplication().SessionConfig();
> >     location.Text =
> >       config.Group("Settings").ReadEntry("defaultPage",
> > "http://localhost");
> >
> >   The Group() method isn't found in the smoke lib
>
> r822356 | arnorehn | 2008-06-19 23:57:15 +0200 (Thu, 19 Jun 2008) | 6 lines
>
> * Prefer const methods over non-const methods in csharp, too.
> * Works now in p7:
>   location.Text =
> config.Group("Settings").ReadEntry("defaultPage", "http://localhost");
>
> This fixed it. In the smoke lib we prefer const methods over non-const
> methods, too.
Ah, I was about to commit a change to make non-const methods preferred for the
smoke lib, and leave C# as it is.

If we get a const KConfigGroup I think it means we won't be able to save any
settings, which is quite an important thing to be able to do.

Here are the const/non-const method overloads in the kde headers, with the
comments extracted. Most of them do the same thing according to the comments.
There are quite a lot of Qt method overloads and I might look up to docs for
those to see which of those are the same.

-- Richard

   /**
     * Returns an object for the named subgroup.
     *
     * @param group the group to open. Pass a null string on to the KConfig
     *   object to obtain a handle on the root group.
     * @return The list of groups.
     **/
    KConfigGroup group(const QByteArray &group);
    KConfigGroup group(const QString &group);
    KConfigGroup group(const char *group);

    /**
     * @overload
     **/
    const KConfigGroup group(const QByteArray &group) const;
    const KConfigGroup group(const QString &group) const;
    const KConfigGroup group(const char *group) const;

    /**
     * Return the config object that this group belongs to.
     */
    KConfig* config();
    const KConfig* config() const;

  /**
   * Return the @ref KConfig object used for reading and writing the settings.
   */
  KConfig *config();

  /**
   * Return the @ref KConfig object used for reading and writing the settings.
   */
  const KConfig *config() const;

/**
   * Sets the desktop action group.
   * @param group the new action group
   */
  KConfigGroup actionGroup(const QString &group);

  const KConfigGroup actionGroup(const QString &group) const;

   /**
     * Returns the context menu associated with this menu
     * The data property of all actions inserted into the context menu is
modified
     * all the time to point to the action and menu it has been shown for
     */
    QMenu* contextMenu();

    /**
     * Returns the context menu associated with this menu
     */
    const QMenu* contextMenu() const;

    /**
     * Returns the page widget of the dialog or 0 if no page widget is set.
     */
    KPageWidget *pageWidget();

    /**
     * Returns the page widget of the dialog or 0 if no page widget is set.
     */
    const KPageWidget *pageWidget() const;

    /**
     * @return the axis of the specified @p type, or 0 if no axis has been
set.
     * @sa Axis
     */
    KPlotAxis* axis( Axis type );

    /**
     * @return the axis of the specified @p type, or 0 if no axis has been
set.
     * @sa Axis
     */
    const KPlotAxis* axis( Axis type ) const;

        /**
         * Returns the QProgressBar used in this dialog.
         * To set the number of steps or other progress bar related
         * settings, access the QProgressBar object directly via this method.
         */
        QProgressBar *progressBar();

        /**
         * Returns the QProgressBar used in this dialog.
         * To set the number of steps or other progress bar related
         * settings, access the QProgressBar object directly via this method.
         */
        const QProgressBar *progressBar() const;