[Kde-bindings] Trying to understand Smoke

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Wed Jun 18 16:50:13 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 18 June 2008 17:23:56 Sohail Somani wrote:
> I've looked at QtRuby and PerlQt. I have a vague idea of what happens:
>
>   * Generate *.cpp files
>   * ???
>   * Use in $LANG
>
> As far as I can tell, the *.cpp files that are generated by smoke are
> language independent, which is nice. My question is: is there a way to
> enumerate all the information in the generated code? If I could figure
> this out, the Rest Is Easy (TM).
Yes, there is a command line tool 'rbqtapi' that allows you to introspect what
is in the smoke lib. So you can either use that tool or use the method calls
it makes to do a custom version of a smoke lib introspector. However, the
version in the svn isn't quite working - you can give it a class to list its
methods, but searching on a regular expression doesn't work.