[Kde-bindings] Qyoto on Windows

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri Jun 6 16:06:58 UTC 2008

On Friday 06 June 2008 16:30:50 SE1 wrote:
> After quite some messing around I finally have a Hello World running using
> Qyoto on Windows!!! I'll try to make a binary package when I've time.
Great stuff! Is this running with Mono on Windows or the Microsoft C# runtime?

> Now for those interested on how to do it:
> Build Qyoto on Linux as usual (Qyoto only). Then go through the header_list
> and adapt it to your Qt/Win configuration (I had to strip UITools, DBus and
> Accessibility headers for the default MinGW32-based installer, if I
> remember correctly).
We're already splitting off the QtWebKit and QtUiTools modules from the main
part of Qyoto as the Qt libs for them are very large and they're not always
used. Perhaps we should split off QtDBus and accessibility stuff too.
Although I think whole modules are ok to split up but maybe conditional
accessibility support would be better done with #if's in the sources.

> Rebuild and copy the smokeqt sources to Windows and
> build the libraries manually (I used MinGW at first, but switched to MSVC++
> later for debugging, so both should work). Here you might encounter one or
> two compile errors because of the difference between Qt/Win and Qt/X11, if
> you get a lot of externals not found, find the Qt header, strip it from
> header_list and you can repeat the process
If the changes will work on both Linux and Windows then it seems a good idea
to put them in the main Qyoto sources at some point (when the recent 'modular
smoke' changes have settled down).