[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Wed Jul 23 23:20:08 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 23 July 2008 16:05:15 Richard Dale wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 July 2008 14:42:23 Arno Rehn wrote:
> > SVN commit 837001 by arnorehn:
> >
> > * Add a KTextEditor C# binding
> > * Fix dependencies and references for plasma-sharp
> > * If a class was nested in a namespace, kalyptus didn't
> >   recognize correctly if a method is a constructor.
> > * Remove the KParts classes from KTextEditor smoke lib,
> >   workaround was needed because of the above kalyptus bug.
>
> Good you've fixed that - I wondered what was causing it.
>
> Can we call abstract methods in C#? I was thinking we would need to special
> case the KTextEditor methods to remove the 'p' from the flags so they
> wouldn't be abstract.
We can't even instantiate a class that contains unimplemented abstract
methods. That's one of the reasons why I suggested to get rid of the abstract
stuff in C# completely and make everything simply 'virtual'. The other
possibility would be to create another class which implements all the abstract
methods of the original one. In CreateInstance() we would then check if the
class that is to be instantiated contains any unimplemented abstract methods
and then just use the one that implements them all.
But special-casing every single abstract class seems too laborious to me.

arno at arnorehn.de