[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings/csharp/qyoto

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Mon Jul 7 09:27:10 UTC 2008

On Sunday 06 July 2008 19:29:33 Arno Rehn wrote:
> On Sunday 06 July 2008 15:50:35 Richard Dale wrote:
> > SVN commit 828737 by rdale:
> >
> > * In the generated code, tabs are now replaced with 4 spaces.
>
> Why did you change everything to spaces? We've used tabs everywhere in the
> Qyoto, Kimono and Plasma bindings.
Yes, perhaps I should have discussed it first - we can always revert the
generated code and the kalyptus change.

I did it because there has been some discussion on the kde-core mailing list
about coding styles and tabs, and they mentioned that it is possible to do
svn diffs that ignore whitespace. The main drawback of changing anything to
do with whitespace would be messing

I personally think the code layout in the Qyoto/QtRuby/kalyptus sources is a
bit of a mess. Some of it uses the emacs mixture of spaces and tab size of 8,
some has tabs with a size of 4, and some uses spaces.

For new ruby code I don't use tabs, and use indents of 2, which has become
pretty standard for Ruby (I don't think it was when I started on QtRuby 5
years ago). I'll carry on with indents of 4 for C# and C++, but would
probably prefer to stop using tabs.