[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings/csharp

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Tue Jul 1 12:23:56 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 01 July 2008 13:14:57 Arno Rehn wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 July 2008 14:02:22 Richard Dale wrote:

> > > Well, it's also KRubyPluginFactory and not KorundumPluginFactory ;).
> >
> > Yes you're right - I didn't actually invent that name, but I think I
> > would have called it that.
> >
> > > But I'm not sure about the name, either. If we ever port this to
> > > Windows, we'll probably want to use the original .NET API and not Mono.
> > > So maybe KimonoPluginFactory is indeed better.
> >
> > I was thinking it would be kcsharppluginfactory to be the same as
> > krubypluginfactory, but that doesn't really roll off the tongue very
> > easily.
> >
> > One other thing this comment:
> >
> > // a path in the form Foo/Bar.dll results in the class Bar in the
> > namespace Foo
> >
> > Won't we have lower case names just like the ruby ones, eg
> > foo_bar_baz/my_stuff.dll that would be converted to class MyStuff in
> > namespace FooBarBaz?
>
> I thought about that - but in C# it's common to have camel case everywhere,
> so I didn't see a need for that. Even the assemblies are all named like
> that.
I see, but the foo_bar_baz bit where the .dll gets installed, will be a kde
directory under share/apps and everything there is in lower case.

Can assemblies with the same name be loaded into a single process - they might
have to all be called main.dll for the plasma script engine api using Plasma
PackageStructures and packages? They would be under different paths and so
the namespace would be different. In Ruby you can have any class you like as
long as it's called 'Main' at the moment.