[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings/csharp

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Tue Jul 1 12:02:22 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 01 July 2008 12:33:09 Arno Rehn wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 July 2008 12:23:03 Richard Dale wrote:
> > On Tuesday 01 July 2008 02:23:34 Arno Rehn wrote:
> > > SVN commit 826584 by arnorehn:
> > >
> > > * Added KMonoPluginFactory. Behaves similar to KRubyPluginFactory:
> > > 	* If the keyword is Foo/Bar.dll, a class 'Bar' is searched in the
> > > 	  namespace 'Foo'.
> > > 	* This class has to have a constructor that takes a QObject (the
> > > 	  parent) and a List<QVariant> (the arguments).
> > > * Moved the runtime initialization from the static SmokeInvocation
> > >   constructor to a new method 'InitRuntime'. This is necessary for
> > >   KMonoPluginFactory to work.
> >
> > Sounds good we should be able to load C# plasma applets now. But I'm not
> > sure about the name as it sounds like it should be KimonoPluginFactory to
> > me, if that is project it is part of?
>
> Well, it's also KRubyPluginFactory and not KorundumPluginFactory ;).
Yes you're right - I didn't actually invent that name, but I think I would
have called it that.

> But I'm not sure about the name, either. If we ever port this to Windows,
> we'll probably want to use the original .NET API and not Mono. So maybe
> KimonoPluginFactory is indeed better.
I was thinking it would be kcsharppluginfactory to be the same as
krubypluginfactory, but that doesn't really roll off the tongue very easily.

One other thing this comment:

// a path in the form Foo/Bar.dll results in the class Bar in the namespace
Foo

Won't we have lower case names just like the ruby ones, eg
foo_bar_baz/my_stuff.dll that would be converted to class MyStuff in
namespace FooBarBaz?